17.6.11

Japan Interview Series


An article posted on the New York Times website today (6/17/11) attests to a well known fact: just because the media stops paying attention doesn't mean something isn't still happening.

The radiation fears brought on the meltdowns in the wake of the catastrophic earthquake and resultant tsunami in March 2011 have yet to abate in Japan. Here in the states, we don't hear much about it these days.

In the wake of the quake and tsunami, I interviewed three friends of mine who were living in Tokyo when it all went down. I created a short series of articles based on these interviews, though local media outlets in Omaha deigned such news unimportant and passed on the pieces.

Out of respect for the people who were kind enough to respond to all my questions and help me craft articles based on their experiences, I'd like to make these pieces public. I'll be posting one a day, starting today and concluding on Sunday, June 19th.

Thanks for reading.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments: